Our Principals have acted in a very wide selection of industries and have particular expertise in valuing goodwill and IP in all sectors.
- Tony has vast experience as a valuer garnered from within HMRC, as a Senior Manager with Coopers & Lybrand, and as lead technical director of the Business Valuation arm of a major French bank before founding Valuation Solutions Ltd.
- As a senior valuer within HMRC he specialised in Goodwill and Intellectual Asset valuation. He has led hundreds of valuation and royalty rate appraisals in his career.
- Tony is a member and registered Business Valuer of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (‘RICS’), and a Fellow and member of the council of the Society of Share and Business Valuers (SSBV), a member of the Licensing Executive Society (LES) and a Fellow of the Association of Taxation Technicians.(ATT(F))
- Tony has acted in a considerable number of expert witness cases, and given evidence before the Court on a number of occasions, frequently impressing Counsel and Judge with his knowledge, expertise and professionalism. See Case Studies for unsolicited comments received following some of his appearances in court.
- Tony has for many years undertaken formal Continued Professional Development, usually under the auspices of the American Society of Appraisers in the US, to ensure that his technical skills remain current in the fast moving valuation arena.
- He has undertaken the Assessment of Professional Competence training course at RICS and is a New Graduate Assessor.
- Before joining HMRC he was a professional trumpeter. He is now Associate Musical Director of a major Exeter based symphony orchestra and still plays the trumpet to a professional standard.
- Valuation Solutions is privileged to have Ralph as a Consultant to the company.
- Ralph's background includes a BA(Hons) in Economics and hands-on experience from within HMRC as a computer specialist before moving into valuation.
- He has 15 years experience gained within HMRC in Shares & Assets Valuation.
- As a Senior Valuer in S&AV he managed a considerable caseload, undertaking the larger and more complex general valuation cases.
- In addition he specialised in the valuation of businesses and intangible assets within the leisure and gaming industries, internet/computer technology businesses, bloodstock/livestock and foreign companies.
- He has a deep understanding of the valuation drivers in these fields, and in HMRC was one of the most experienced and senior caseworkers in these often misunderstood areas.
- Ralph is a Fellow of the Society of Share and Business Valuers and a member of the Licensing Executive Society, and specialises in valuations for EMI and ESS purposes.
- He also plays keyboards to a professional level within a variety of genres.
- Naomi runs the office and does all the majority of the paperwork and 'back office' functions.
- As a Fully Trained Inspector Naomi worked in a wide variety of Revenue offices including a spell a number of in large "City" offices in London. She also had a time as a Deputy District Inspector in a local office.
- Her caseload included responsibility for the tax affairs of larger national and international corporations, as well as smaller companies.
- Whilst working within the London Region she was closely involved withthe implementation and introduction of Self Assessment for Companies and also the reorganisation of local offices within the Region.
- Outside of office and family life Naomi has been Chair of Governors at her children's school, helping change the OFSTED report from 'Good' to 'Outstanding' and is now a board member of South West Teacher Training. She also enjoys gardening and has designed a number of gardens for clients.